Day 4
5 hours, 4 tests (all clear) and a drive back to Canada later, he took a nap, and I took Amy and the kids walking from our airbnb rental along the Canadian side of the river.
We went 2 miles up river, all the way to the horseshoe falls.

We had a nice lunch overlooking the Falls
and walked back through the touristy part of town. We thought it was going to rain, like all the forecasts said, but instead it was hot and sunny. Hmmph. Maybe the forecast was in Canadian.......?
We rested up a bit at the bnb and were set to head back out by car when I noticed that one of the van tires looked soft, Further investigation showed that there were 2 nails in it, causing a slow leak. May have picked them up in the sketchy hospital parking lot, full of trash.
Not knowing how to access the spare donut tire or how to get a replacement, I called CAA, which is affiliated with AAA. These guys were great! They showed up quickly, knew exactly how to get the donut released (its UNDER the van in the middle on a winch and pulley system) and switched it out very quickly. They gave me a recommendation for a place to get a new tire installed the next morning too!
So we headed back out and got some supplies and souvenirs, and then found a great Indian restaurant for dinner.
Then we rode the Niagara Skywheel.
Pictures can't do justice to the sight of the Falls lit up (huge floodlights on the shore) from the top of the Skywheel car.
We finished our ride and were pretty exhausted so we drove home and crashed. Dad was feeling better and I knew I had a busy morning getting the tire replaced before we returned to the states, so we turned in about midnight. Tomorrow its on to Glen Lake!



Comments
Post a Comment